This article is about the event. For the achievement relating to this event, see Open Beta (Achievement).
Open Beta was started on July 2nd, 2010 and continued until July 9th, 2010. It began just one day after Closed Beta 6 ended. It was actually the continuation of Closed Beta 6, so all players that participated in that beta were able to keep their driver intact and continued in Open Beta. All features in Closed Beta 6 were available in this beta as well.
This beta was open to public, so any player could just create an account and join the beta. Most of the features that were available in this beta went into the game launch.
- New area, Camden was added in the game.
- Downtown Rockport, Kempton and Fortuna are unfinished.
- Driver Level limit increased to 50.
- New Driver Skills was available.
- New race events were available. These were all available in the game launch.
- Tier restricted races were added.
- New cars were added. They were:
- Audi R8 4.2 FSi Quattro (Tier 3)
- Audi S5 (Tier 2)
- BMW Z4 M Coupé (Tier 2)
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (Tier 3)
- Dodge Challenger R/T (Tier 1)
- Dodge Charger SRT-8 Super Bee (Tier 2)
- Lexus IS F (Tier 2)
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR-Edition (Tier 2)
- Nissan 370Z Z34 (Tier 2)
- Subaru Impreza WRX STi (Tier 2)
- Performance Packages were introduced, which gave increased performance along with some bodykits, spoilers and rims.
- New rental cars were included.
- Meeting Place introduced for the 1st time, starting with the Stadium event.
- Private Match system was added.
- A new time of day "Dusk" was included in the world cycle.
- Group Chat system was added
- An Event Activity was added, showing which events had low, medium or high activity in World Map (M). (Removed on September 12th, 2010)